Tuesday, September 10, 2013

         At the request of my sis, I am sharing some menu ideas. She and I have both complained heartily about how easy it is to get in a rut and cook the same old things week after week. Now, I am not claiming to be any kind of cook. But maybe you'll find something to spark your brain and your supper. Good Eating!


Monday

B- Pancakes

L- apple slices w/ p.b.
    carrot sticks
    grahmn crackers

Snack-grapes
           cheese

Supper-company casserole
            salad
            fried okra
            grapes
            garden fresh tomatoes

Tuesday

B- Pancakes

Sn- animal crackers and raisins

L-pb and jelly sandwiches
    carrot sticks
    apple slices

Su- Grandma meal

Wednesday

B-coffee cake

Sn- animal crackers and raisins

L- pb and jelly sandwiches
    bananas w/ cinnamon

Su- chicken and rice
      green beans
      corn on the cob
      salad

Thursday

B- healthy morning muffins

Sn- cheese and apples

L- leftovers

Su- leftovers

Friday

B- pancakes

Sn- grahmn crackers w/ pb

L- healthy morning muffins
    hard boiled eggs
   fruit

Su- chicken pot pie
      pineapple
      salad

Saturday

B- skillet toast
     scrambled eggs w/ cheese

Sn-  bananas w/ cinnamon
        raisins

L- leftovers

Su- Grandma meal

Sunday

B- pancakes

L- salmon patties
     rice
    sweet peas
    candied carrots

S- leftovers



Let me explain something.
When I have "Grandma meal" listed,
what I am talking about is a supper like the ones I have eaten many
times at my Grandmothers house.
A quick, easy but hearty meal consisting of Grandma's
amazing skillet cornbread and any veggie she has on hand.
For example, the other night, we had cornbread, black eyed peas, sliced tomatoes and onion,
pineapple, rice, green beans and corn on the cob.
And of course the obligatory honey, butter and black strap molasses
 for the cornbread. Add some sweet tea and you have one
tasty, moderately healthy and light-weight meal.
It is a favorite of my family.
 
I honestly think my kids could eat their weight in cornbread.
 
Maybe next week I'll share my recipe.





3 comments:

  1. Glad you're eating good. I can't read some of it cause the 'walpaper' is in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma meals are the BEST! And yes, please share your cornbread recipe!

    ReplyDelete