Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentine's Traditions

Tomorrow is February 1st.

Last year, I posted a sticky note on the kid's door every morning before they woke up for the first 14 days of the month. Each one listed a different reason I loved them. I also did some for David on our mirror. It was a big hit for Lillie since she could read by then and I am resolved to do it again this year. I am going to sit down tonight after they are in bed and pre-write as many as I can to save me from rushing in the morning.

I also have to do some ironing, pay bills and go over some of David's Q&A work with him. And the kids don't go to bed till 7:30. And I wanted to be in bed by 10 pm. I feel that something is going to have to give.

I love Valentines Day. Maybe because I feel that I can celebrate it any way that I want and I won't be disappointing my, or anyone else, expectations. I love to hang paper garlands all over the dining room and kitchen, put up cheesy window clings, make heart infused snowflakes to hang from the doorways, and make valentines for all our family. It is a fun holiday without too many strings attached. Plus, who doesn't enjoy telling your loved ones just what it is that makes them special to you?

1 comment:

  1. Take a picture of your decorations. I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete