Sunday, May 18, 2014

10 things

1. I know it has been way, way too long since I have posted photos of the kids on here. But our laptop died and David's job let him borrow one till we can somehow get another. It doesn't have an SD slot so I can't upload photos. Hang in there Grandma's! They will come eventually.

2. Lillie and I cut our hair. For some reason, I always give us similar cuts. Not on purpose. It just comes out that way. Lillie's hair is shoulder length and straight. She looks older. Mine is a long, long bob. I like it a lot.

3. Ian's new word is "delicious". But you have to add extra syllables and a lisp. "That is delishishous!"

4. Elsie is speaking sentences and we have seen a new side to her stubbornness. But mainly I am just in awe that she can talk like she does and she is not yet two. It is is little unnerving to have an actual conversation with a 21 month old.

5. David is working around the clock. After work, he starts in on his committee meeting preparations. He is very low on sleep and it constantly amazes me how he stays as cheerful as he does.

6. We finally planted the vegetables in our raised beds. I called Grandma to get some advice on how and when to plant the seedlings that I purchased and found out that I had purchased about 60% more plants than could fit in my beds. Back to Lowe's I went.

7. We discovered the side of our cabinets were damp and found out that our dishwasher was leaking. It was deemed un-fixable so we had to buy a new one. It is stainless steel and shiny and I love it but I hate that we had to spend money on a dishwasher when it was earmarked for something else.

8. David has been on an exercise and eating right lifestyle change and now weighs only a few lbs more than I do. sheesh. (but he looks foxy with his beard, glasses, and lean self so I guess I can put up with it...)

9. Elsie might stay blond.

10. Our coffee pot broke this evening. can we survive?

4 comments:

  1. I with you on the appliances - we just had to buy a new microwave and while I love the shiny stainless steel it was still money I wasn't planning on spending. Ah well. Such is life and the joys of home ownership! And no - you cannot survive without a coffeepot. At least I couldn't. Althought, I survived without a microwave for 2 months so I guess anything is possible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is leaking coffee grounds out the side but it still brews a pot. i think we can make it work until next month. i'll just have to keep a towel under it until then. coffee is essential to david's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you listed 10 things! Can't wait to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian keeps asking me every day about when we are going to Gram and Papa's house. And Lillie wanted to make sure that we would get to swim in their "hot pool and long pool."

      Delete