Thursday, June 26, 2014

10 Things

1. All of us have some sort of sore throat/congestion/cough combo. Whether it is allergies from all this rain or a head cold, I don't know but I do know that I am ready for it to be over.

2. Because of the above, the morning breath around here could peel paint off the walls.

3. Elsie's current cuteness: She says "Right there!" in the deepest Southern drawl.
    It come out like "Raht theya!"

4. I found an old table top in Grandpa's barn and am going to turn it into a coffee table. (More about that later.)

5. When the seed packet says plant 3 feet apart, they aren't kidding. My bell peppers are almost completely overshadowed by the giant wall of tomato plants in my garden.

6. When it rains non-stop for 30 days, your flower beds turn into jungles. I am going to have a really hard time getting rid of the weeds and Bermuda.

7. Does anyone know anything about pruning roses? Ours are out of control.

8. Some morning glory seed found their way to the easement strip behind our yard and they are growing all over the fence. I think I like it...

9. 18 days till we hit the beach. Time to panic!

10. Drum roll please......We paid off one of David's student loans this month!   *wild cheering and applause*

2 comments:

  1. Wild cheering, foot stomping, hand clapping going on over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for paying off student loans!! It was such a relief when mine were paid off. Now for Michael's......I'll let you know when you can jump and cheer :-) Can't wait to see you at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete