Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cowboys and Cornbread

I know it has been a long, long time since I posted any amount of photos on this blog. I intend to remedy that today. So get comfortable, grab a drink and set back for the ride.



The Sheriff and Miss Elsie work hard on the new barn for the ranch.








Nothing is quite as satisfying to a cowboy as coming home to some piping hot cornbread. 
 





  Be still my heart. 






I have been on a spray painting spree. Chalkboard paint covers so smoothly. I use the large tin to hold coffee filters and it used to be covered in a 70's baseball print. I bought it for 50 cents at Goodwill. But cover it in black chalkboard paint, add some touches with a gold paint pen and it doesn't look half bad!



My favorite shot this month. This one will be going up on my wall.
She looks so mature here, it just about make me cry.



Some of the memory work we have been reviewing before schools starts back on Thursday.




I promise she doesn't do her school work in the dark. It is just the way the lighting shot.



Elsie's expression here just about sums her up.



Ian's sleepy eyelid is very pronounced. I don't often see it in photos. Of course, he is the spitting image of his father; eyelid, birthmarks and all.


The best part of homeschooling: having them together all day. Yes, they fight A LOT, but they also spend some wonderful quality time together.


2 comments: