Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blue Birds

One of my favorite places for a little retail therapy is our local Goodwill. 
Last week I was running through on my way home when I spotted this little lady. 

Not to insult her ego(she has beautiful lines) but the textures and colors are all wrong. 
She needed a makeover. 


(I apologize for the crummy photos. I was using an iPhone.)



My favorite go to paint is at Lowe's.
Valspar Premium Finish Spray Paint + Primer 

This time I chose Tropical Oasis Gloss. 
I have been drawn toward all things island or avian lately. 
The clothes I pick out for the kids are covered in flamingos and cabanas,
 colored in orchid pinks and Caribbean blues. 
I guess you should go with what moves you...


After a few light coats, she was looking like new. 






She looks at home on my shelf by the front door. 
I think it added just the right amount of color for spring. 



1 comment: