Friday, February 28, 2014

Weddington Line





  
When Ian received his Melissa and Doug wooden train set for his birthday, it came with a set of design layouts on paper. Those lasted for all of a day before Elsie destroyed them. So now, when I come up with a track that I think is pretty nifty, I'm going to post it on here. Not so you can look at it and marvel over my ingenuity, but so on a day when I am brain dead, I can pull it up and re-make it. I am also kind of excited because I can give them fun names. The kid in me is having a ball with this. Probably more than Ian is. 



Just for anyone who might want to make these for their little boy, the OCD part of me tries to make sure that you can leave the station either left or right and make a full circuit. I also hate it when you can't turn around so I try to have some switchbacks. If I use any exit ramps, I try to make sure the train has somewhere to go after it leaves the track. Big deal, right? But these are the kind of things that bother the brain of Leah. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sharp! I am sure Mr. ICM really gets into that toy.

    ReplyDelete