Wednesday, July 30, 2014

10 Things

1. Lillie has discovered that time old tradition of climbing up the door frames by pressing your back up against one side and sliding your feet up the other side.

2. As I write this I am listening to the Mills Brothers hit Diga Diga Doo. Very jazz speakeasy. It makes me want to break out into the Charleston.

3. Elsie is walking around in a diaper with a sword stuck inside like a pirate. I repeat, in her diaper. Which was just freshly changed, complete with Desitin. I think the sword will be getting a bath tonight after she goes to bed.

4. Ian was helping me make pancakes a few days ago and, sliding his arm around me, said "I like being crazy in the kitchen with you Momma."

5. David is almost home! Should be here before I finish writing this.

6. Elsie is cutting her back two molars. Think of me tonight while you sleep undisturbed in your beds.

7. It rained all day today. From 9 am till now. A nice steady rain without lightening. I do love a good thunderstorm but this was calm and pleasant.

8. I put two shelves up on the wall all by myself. Be impressed because I am. I gave myself a mental high five when I finished. I felt like Rosie the Riveter.

9. Lillie bought an unfinished 3 story wooden dollhouse at Goodwill for ten dollars. She is excited and has already bought some craft paper for carpet and wallpaper. There are few traits that my children posses that I can stand up and say "That is mine. They got that genetic modification from me." They are remarkably like their father in almost every way. But the uncontrollable desire to craft, that is all Leah.

10. I have 4 quart bags of frozen jalapenos. And more coming every day. What am I supposed to do with this many peppers?

No comments:

Post a Comment