Thursday, April 16, 2015

Materico

It is not the composition of a photograph that attracts my attention.
 Not the lighting, filters, or quality.
 It is what is inside. 

The texture, color, mood of the photograph.



 Does is make me want to reach inside the photo and touch the subject? 
Can I feel the sun or wind? Does it make emotions swirl inside my heart?
Does is it have colors so vibrant that my mind is instantly reminded of a hot summer day by the sea or a dark winter evening? Do you wish to step into the photo, if only for a second, to experience the moment first hand?

I am no judge of photography. Have no training and most likely, no real artistic eye. But I like the rawness of photography. Photos without touch-ups or filters.

I am enamored with the idea that you can, for all eternity, capture a fleeting memory
 and hold it fast in your hand. 

And so, to that end, I have been making myself take photos of our daily life. Trying to teach myself to see the small moments, the textures, colors, and sights of our home. To see if I can freeze time for just a moment before it flies by much too fast. 





















































 materico - (Italian) roughly meaning that the art is more richer in detail, more true to life. 



2 comments:

  1. The pic of things can be recreated, but the shots of the kids are unique in time. Those are the ones to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. More of the kids.

    ReplyDelete